Wed 02 Oct 2019
The house was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh for the painter, Harold Squire, in 1920 and completed in 1923. Augustus John was a guest there in the late 1930s and it was bought by Edward Le Bas in the late 1940s. Edward Le Bas was an avid collector of 20th-century and Impressionist art and a talented painter in the Post-Impressionist style. Several of his paintings and a number of Bloomsbury Group paintings currently hang in the house, in which he lived and worked until his early death in 1966. The house and collection are now owned by members of the family.